Cruise Ship Casinos
Follow the bridge to The Figge Art Museum, one of the oldest art institutions in the country, to admire the vast collection of European, American, Spanish, Haitian, and contemporary art. Explore the farm, enjoy a trip through the corn maze, browse through the retail barn, and even take a wagon ride through the acreage. You will have an opportunity to pick up some homemade treats and goods that are either made right there on the farm or by a local vendor. As you arrive in Hannibal, the boyhood home of famous author Mark Twain, relive the author’s experiences that heavily influenced his writings. Visit the actual home that Mark Twain grew up in, which is surrounded by the legendary whitewashed fence of Tom Sawyer.
- Unlike the Upper Mississippi, cruises on the Lower Mississippi are available throughout most of the year, with the exception of mid-January thru late February.
- Non-profit companies run the casinos, contracting out the management of hiring and maintenance of the boats to local private river boat operators.
- Amtrak’s famed City of New Orleans train was my ride from Memphis to New Orleans.
- They say that compulsive gamblers will not like the Disneyland feel of Iowa gaming.
- The Ancient Egypt Gallery houses ancient artifacts and a Ptolemaic-era mummy that rests in a re-created rock-cut tomb.
But for the gambling aficionado, there’s something particularly compelling about combining that passion with a luxury cruise. The second casino cruise ship on the list is known as The Norwegian Escape, based in Miami, Florida. As the Mississippi Belle’s reliance on the busloads of tourists demonstrates, many assumptions about riverboat gambling — including the notion that it would prove to be a popular tourist attraction — haven’t held water. Iowa became the last state to do so this year, prompting its riverboats — except for the Mississippi Belle — to quickly drop anchor. Thirteen years after riverboat gambling returned to the Mississippi River, only one of the elegant boats still cruises the channel; the others are permanently docked, MSNBC.com's Mike Brunker reports. The exceptions to this rule are obvious every year when we do our “Best of Gaming” survey. Iowa’s two “category-killer” riverboat casinos are in Council Bluffs—Ameristar and Harrah’s.
Mercy cancer center also planned for Fort Smith
We do provide ADA accessibility to our facility and vessels and will make every reasonable effort to assist and accommodate passengers with special needs. However, due to their unique design and regulatory characteristics, excursion vessels are not subject to the ADA Accessibility Guidelines for Buildings and Facilities . Coast Guard regulations require water barriers such as raised thresholds in doorways. All vessels are multi-deck and are not fitted with rail lifts or elevators. The restrooms on the boat are not large enough to accommodate a wheelchair.